lørdag 25. juni 2016

Behold, he is praying!

NORSK
This could have been written almost anywhere at any given time. I think I see someone praying almost every day, and I find it an encouraging sight.

The fact that one man prayed gave another man a vision. In Acts we read visons often occur and it should not be a surprise. Visions are a normal effect when the Holy Spirit’s anointing comes upon people (1).

Many become a little worried when people start to have visions. I get a little worried when there are no visions. Because there is a very clear connection between visions and prayers.

At this stage, I will not reflect on the dramatic intervention in Paul’s life on the road to Damascus, but it is very interesting that Paul straight away recognized Jesus as Lord. Still, I hurry on to Ananias and his role in Paul’s conversion-experience:

Now there was a certain disciple at Damascus named Ananias; and to him the Lord said in a vision, “Ananias.”
And he said, “Here I am, Lord.”
So the Lord said to him, “Arise and go to the street called Straight, and inquire at the house of Judas for one called Saul of Tarsus, for behold, he is praying.”

Acts 9:11
I do expect that God will speak to us when we gather in sincere prayers, and visions are one of the channels God uses to communicate with us. Some visions are like brief glimpses, others can be clear and specific. Some arrive as spontaneous picture, others are formed to prayers and conversations.

‘Manna’ for today:

I see people praying, and so does God!
-------------------------
(1) See: Visions

Ingen kommentarer: